Extelligence is an intelligent partner that goes the extra mile. We provide customized information management solutions for major industries. Our team in Prague and Bucharest is working with international companies, transforming, and adding value to their business on a daily basis. We are growing quickly, and we are interested to bring more talented individuals into our team.
The Disaster Recovery Specialist will serve to lead the company by developing and leading the strategy, planning, implementation, execution, testing, and maintenance for all aspects of Epiq’s Disaster Recovery (DR) processes. The Disaster Recovery Specialist will work closely with Information Technology leadership, business leaders, and functional teams to ensure that DR capabilities will meet the Recovery Time and Recovery Point objectives as defined by Business Impact Analyses. The program will address all aspects of a DR program, from ensuring back-up and off-site storage strategies adequately protect the company to implementation of leading-edge capabilities such as data replication and redundant failover.
Perform and support the introduction of new versions of Infrastructure under this Service Agreement, in accordance with the client architecture and technology strategy as an integral part of the Service, for no additional charge other than that resulting from additional quantity unless supplier can demonstrate and the client agrees that such request would require additional resources or affect Service Levels or other agreed performance standards.
- Advanced knowledge of data center infrastructures, network, midrange, middleware, storage, databases, portals, mobile, and IT security
- To support DR BAU, create and revalidate TRP and solution design. Create and validate new TRP as per the process.
- Validate and describe TRP to the application team.Provide new solutions to the application.
- Demonstrates understanding of data replication technologies, backup and restore approaches and technologies.
- Work with leadership team to develop and implement a comprehensive IT Disaster Recovery strategy and program. Maintain disaster recovery program strategy (forward looking roadmap) aligning services and portfolio components to the strategy.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with business & technology stakeholders including architects, development managers, program/project managers, QA, etc.
- Lead change management operations for integration of DR goals through the systems development lifecycle. Provide ongoing DR awareness communication and training to reinforce familiarity with DR design and operational procedures, roles and responsibilities and plan procedures.
- Conduct DR operational review meetings with delivery and business key stakeholders.
- Manage scope, identify and track metrics, benchmarks, milestones and budget across program and projects to ensure completion of program/project goals.
- Identify, track, prioritize and drive resolution of program level issues, leveraging lessons learned from prior experience and work to address and mitigate systemic issues.
- Coordinate resources required to maintain an operational DR program, with plans developed and tested for the restoration of mission-critical business applications within specified timeframes.
- Communicate timely and accurate status to appropriate levels and stake holders. This includes development and delivery of status reports on program operations and health, financial status, and presentations, as required, for the numerous stakeholder groups across the enterprise.
- Collaborate with business units and development teams to identify and plan mitigation efforts, business continuity recovery strategies and necessary resources to execute continuity procedures. Ensure that resources, dependencies, risks and constraints are aggressively managed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that technology platforms have appropriate back-up and off-site storage strategies in place to support program goals.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Technical field preferred (Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and Mathematics) or combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience designing or executing Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery as a Service, hosted data centers, and SaaS contingency planning.
- 10+ years’ experience with High Availability technical solutions, such as Microsoft Always On Availability Groups, VMware vSphere HA, Azure Site Recovery, and NetScalar Load Balancers, or equivalent technologies.
- 10+ years’ experience with Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and high availability design.
- 10+ years’ experience in infrastructure design and management including OS, DB, B&R, Storage in-depth knowledge.
- Hands on experience in scripting especially on Python.
- Advanced knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity processes and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of high availability systems, technology and architecture.
- Solid understanding of local and wide area networking concepts, principles and protocols.
- Strong understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and processes.
- High level understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate highly technical solutions in business-friendly terms.
- Ability to organize and plan multiple activities which require close attention to detail.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong individual initiative and ability to deliver results through others.
- Strong business, IT and analytical skills. Ability to grasp the complexities of the business.
Working with Extelligence:
- We take care of the important things that matter to contractors, for example, we guarantee on-time payment for your work. You will never have to chase us for payment.
- We always seek to have long term relationships with our team and we always seek to offer opportunities to extend cooperation beyond the first contract or project.
- Extelligence is a multicultural team, we have more than 15 different nationalities working with us.
- We also organize events to bring our team together including team building activities and social events.