Extelligence is an intelligent partner that goes the extra mile. We provide customized information management solutions for major industries. Our team in Prague is working with international companies, transforming, and adding value to their business on a daily basis. We are growing quickly, and we are interested to bring more talented individuals into our team.
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect
As a Splunk Platform Support Engineer, You Will:
- Work closely with onboarding teams and security team ensuring technical Issues and projects are correctly logged and managed to the correct priority.
- Regularly carry monitoring of the platform and creating alerts when there is a platform issue
- Make sure correct and relevant app get deployed to the correct place
- Fix whatever platform related issues independently
- Make sure the platform is stable and avoiding any downtime.
- Be able to help security team to update knowledge objects, e.g. Lookups, Macros, Fieldalias etc.
- Deal with every alert and triage them
- Be responsible for continuous improvement, continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- You will need fully understand Splunk Data Model and be able to fix its related issues
- Regularly carry monitoring detect log source outages and working with on-boarding team to get them resolved
- Occasionally need to work at the weekend when there is a patching or platform maintenance work
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritise workload including Incidents and Problems.
- At least 5 years of general work experience with Splunk Architect or higher
- Strong understanding of all Splunk architecture components to include search head clustering, indexer clustering, deployment server and monitoring console.
- Strong understanding of configuration files and relationship between GUI configuration and backend configuration file impact
- Strong understanding of SPL as well as the ability to develop automated search and apps using Python or bash/shell scripting
- Linux system administration skills, preferably Centos Or RHEL.
- An understanding of error messages and logs displayed by software.
- Calm and logical approach during a critical event.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve issues independently.
- Self-learner, ability to document learning as experience is gained.
- Experience as part of a team supporting and maintaining an infrastructure.
- A Passion for technology.
- Understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructures.
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Configuration management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of platform and application automated deployment and version control software e.g. (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Git, Bitbucket, Subversion) within a physical environment.