Extelligence is an intelligent partner that goes the extra mile. We provide customized information management solutions for major industries. Our team in Prague and Bucharest is working with international companies, transforming, and adding value to their business on a daily basis. We are growing quickly, and we are interested to bring more talented individuals into our team.
- Deliver IT services, systems and applications to the business
- Ensure adherence to quality standards as defined by the IT Organization
- Ensure appropriate response to audit / ISRM assessment findings and recommendations
- Define an end-to-end provisioning process facilitating automation wherever possible
- Perform patch management and image management activities
- Ensure standard build/image
- Ensure accurate provisioning and metering of services
- Provide early feedback to development team on release issues
- Ensure that an up-to-date asset inventory for all technology assets is maintained and only authorized components are used
- Accountable to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within
- Technical Operations service scope
- Coordinate all configuration management database changes which directly or indirectly impact production services
- Ensure addition, modification or removal of any IT asset in a standard and controlled manner
- Ensure that CIs are identified, accounted, reported, verified and audited
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Operations scope
- Ensure to resolve/follow-up on the P1 /P2 critical incidents and follow-up on the root cause analysis etc.
- Review of ITSM task status on daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Taking appropriate action to deliver services meeting SLAs
- Respond to the client’s application/project teams service requests on time and deliver quality services
- Support third party service provider and software vendor Oracle/SQL to resolve incidents
Key Performance Indicators / Measures Of Success
- Management of database services from provisioning to decommission and all the databases tasks in between are delivered to the client’s application/project teams as expected
- Service delivered accurately and in timely manner
- Strict compliance of service process for ITSM tasks
- Customer satisfaction
- Adherence to service SLAs
- Accuracy of asset inventory
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline, computer science, engineering or mathematics
- At least 10 years experience in SQL database administration
- Strong blend of communication and technical skills working in a global team environment.
- Working collaboratively in a global team environment
- Working in cross-functional project teams
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication (verbal & written) and inter-personal skills.
- Deep desire to expand skill set and excel in meeting business requirements.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and quickly respond and resolve production priority problems
- Oracle databases administration
- Certification in Oracle/SQL database administration
- Experience working in pharmaceutical, biotech, or life sciences industries
- Data Masking
- Database security products
- Oracle Data Integrator (ELT tool)
- Heterogeneous DB Migration between Oracle and SQL Server
Skills/Job Related Knowledge
- Installation, configuration & patching of SQL Server 2014/2016/2017/2019 in clustered and non-clustered environment
- Experience in patching of SQL binaries and databases.
- Upgrading SQL Server version from 2005, 2008 to 2016/2017/2019
- Administration and Security management of databases
- Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of SQL Server HA solutions
- Experience in designing & administration of Disaster Recovery & High Availability solutions
- Experience in SQL Server Analytical and Reporting Services
- Monitoring, performance analysis and fine tuning of databases
- Backup and restore of databases
- Organize / perform support and troubleshooting for database products
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of server/databases hosted on public cloud
Fluency (oral and written) in English, any additional language is a plus
Working with Extelligence:
- We take care of the important things that matter to contractors, for example, we guarantee on-time payment for your work. You will never have to chase us for payment.
- We always seek to have long term relationships with our team and we always seek to offer opportunities to extend cooperation beyond the first contract or project.
- Extelligence is a multicultural team, we have more than 10 different nationalities working with us.
- We also organize events to bring our team together including team building activities and social events.